The awards are piling in thick and fast – it’s tough being so famous. The latest is another Sunshine Blogger Award, this time from Simply Splendid.
If you’d like to know more about the creative mind behind Oddball Content, take a look at the previous awards the blog has been nominated for:
- Sunshine Blogger Award 1
- Sunshine Blogger Award 2
- Versatile Blogger Award (Contains toes and a weird thumb – you’ve been warned!)
- Sunshine Award
Regular readers will know what these award posts are all about by now – I’ll be answering eleven questions and setting eleven of my own for the eleven lucky bloggers I nominate. It’s a great
way to annoy people opportunity to show fellow bloggers how much you appreciate their craft.
What is the last book you read?
I read a bit of Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme in French, because I’m just that sophisticated. Oh là là!
What is the last song you listened to?
Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started Oddball Content as a way to be creative, write lighthearted things and hopefully entertain people.
As a youth I would read comedy articles on Something Awful and wish I could write like that. So now, over a decade later, I’m finally doing it.
You’ve been kidnapped, the kidnapper is the main character from the last movie you watched. Who is it?
When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
Leading new projects at work probably. Got to use these skillz to pay the billz.
What is your favourite thing to do when you’re alone?
Eat, watch YouTube videos and work on my blog. I have a day off work next week and I’ve already planned the cookie dough dessert I’m going to order as part of a decadent lunch:
- milk chocolate cookie dough
- one scoop of cookie dough gelato
- one scoop of salted caramel gelato
- one scoop of Maltesers gelato
- milk chocolate shavings
- whipped cream
- milk chocolate sauce
- caramel sauce
- sliced banana (to make it healthy)
As you can probably tell I am extremely excited for this very important and culturally significant project. Let me know if you want me to post a picture of what’s sure to be a magnificent feast!
What is your favourite thing to cook?
At the moment I like to toast a bagel and top it with chilli pesto, rocket, tomatoes and halloumi. Or taramasalta. Yum yum!
What’s something that you’ve let hold you back in the past?
Being simultaneously scared of being alone in life and scared of making new connections with people. It’s a really bad combination, but I’m in a much better place now.
What is something you have overcome?
See answer to the above question.
Who are the most important people in your life?
My fiancé, housemates and parents.
What did you eat for breakfast?
My fiancé makes me porridge with cinnamon and plums every morning at the weekend. I’m very lucky.
Questions for my nominees
- What is your dream job?
- What do you think your life will be like in a year? And in ten years?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What is your favourite blog post you’ve ever written?
- Apart from blogging, what are your hobbies?
- How would you describe your fashion style?
- What’s the best place you’ve ever been to?
- If you had £1000 (or equivalent in your currency), what would you spend it on? Or would you save it?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done? What would you do if you were a little braver?
- What is/was your favourite class at school, college or university?
- What is one thing you want to learn or change in 2018?
- A Daily Dose of Holly
- All Lady A
- Suspicious Pebbles
- Lena Deexo
- Hannah’s Life Diaries
- Millie Ryan
- Kerry Louise Norris
- Autumn with Amba
- Moods Meds Meals
- Aimee Raindrop Writes
- Blogger Rachael