These awards are becoming a regular thing! I hope you’re not getting bored of reading about the brains behind the blog, but if you need a break I recommend doing something fun like using the Friends-plot-o-matic to find out what the title of your own episode of Friends would be.
This latest award nomination comes from Cake & Coast. Regular readers will know what these award posts are all about by now – I’ll be answering eleven questions and setting eleven of my own for the eleven lucky bloggers I nominate. It’s a great
way to get more page views opportunity to show fellow bloggers how much you appreciate their craft.
To find out more about the creative mind behind Oddball Content, take a look at the previous awards the blog has been nominated for:
- Sunshine Blogger Award 1
- Sunshine Blogger Award 2
- Versatile Blogger Award (Contains toes and a weird thumb – you’ve been warned!)
- Sunshine Award
- Sunshine Blogger Award 3
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I wanted a place to showcase my writing and to entertain people, so Oddball Content was born.
What is your favourite topic to write about?
I like to write funny things about almost anything, but Oddball Content focuses on TV because it’s a creative medium that’s easily accessible.
What are your goals as a blogger?
I’d love to be able to make money from writing fun things, either for Oddball Content or for another site. My ultimate ambition would be for Oddball Content to be as big as Buzzfeed or a similar entertainment website.
How do you manage to fit blogging around your job and/or education?
I work full time and sometimes plan blog posts in my lunch breaks. I write in evenings and weekends – it’s not as time consuming as it sounds. I do have a lot of hobbies though, so it’s important to write lots of lists and prioritise.
How do you utilise social media to drive traffic to your blog?
I post a link to every blog post on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. I’m a member of several Facebook groups about blogging and I always get involved when I can. The trick is to be active and engage with other people’s work – Twitter is great for this.
What is your favourite meal to cook for other people?
My signature dish is chicken breasts stuffed with basil and cream cheese, wrapped in parma ham and served with rosemary diced potatoes and vegetables. It’s pretty much the only savoury thing I can make apart from egg fried rice, and halloumi and pesto bagels.
What is your guilty food pleasure?
I don’t feel guilty about food, but I do eat too many Reese’s peanut butter cups and cheesecake KitKats. What can I say, they taste good and it’s something to look forward to as a mid-morning snack. And I’ve eaten so much cookie dough I don’t think I’ll ever have any again…
What is your least favourite cuisine in general?
Anything too spicy, or with lots of vegetables or coriander. But there’s generally something I like in every cuisine.
Have you been reading any books this year and if so, do you have any recommendations?
No time to read! My attention span is too short and my limited energy is spent on my many hobbies…
Have you been watching any food or lifestyle series of Netflix and if so, do you have any recommendations?
The only thing I watch on Netflix at the moment is Friends. I’ve written a few blog posts about Friends, including cool games and infographics…
If you like to cook, do you have any recipes that you would recommend I try?
I love making banana cinnamon muffins. The mixture tastes so good! The recipe says to add nuts, but I leave them out.
Questions for my nominees
- What is your dream job?
- What do you think your life will be like in a year? And in ten years?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What is your favourite blog post you’ve ever written?
- Apart from blogging, what are your hobbies?
- How would you describe your fashion style?
- What’s the best place you’ve ever been to?
- If you had £1000 (or equivalent in your currency), what would you spend it on? Or would you save it?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done? What would you do if you were a little braver?
- What is/was your favourite class at school, college or university?
- What is one thing you want to learn or change in 2018?
- Em’s World @Strictly_Em
- Diary of a Twentysomething @FrancescaWho
- Violetelm @violetelmblog
- Growing up Ungracefully @misstcliffe
- Marie-Claire’s World @marieclareslife
- Lifeofemmax @lifeofemmax
- Lisa’s Notebook @LisasNotebook
- Beth Stumbles @beth_kempster
- Taytay’s Fresh Faces @taytayinspires
- Lucy Turns Pages @lucyisreading_
- Life of Singh @aakankshas953